My Family

My Family

Monday, February 14, 2011

My little Valentine

I had a great Valentine's Day. Lucy and I spent the day together doing all sorts of things we went to the abortion mill and protested today. I forgot to take picture but it really was the sweetest thing. On the way there Lucy just kicked and kicked her legs in her stroller today. It was lovely to see her enjoy the warm air and be so carefree with those little kicks. I would stop and check on her as we walked along and she would just grin at me with a chin full of drool, so cute. While we were there at the Mill Lucy had a toddler trying to kiss her tossies while she was in the stroller. She kept letting out her deep belly laugh which just melts my heart. She just loves to see babies. It's one of the only times I see her really have a long laugh with out Dh and I provoking her to belt it out :)

Anyways, this evening Dh and I watched the movie Life as We Know It...has anyone else seen that movie? I don't know if its just that we prayed so long to have a baby, or if it's the bottle of champagne I devoured tonight but I am a mess after watching that movie. I just cried and cried tonight during the movie thinking about if Lucy was left in someone else' care for the rest of her life.
It's funny how when I married my husband I thought I could never love anyone more than him. Now that I have Lucy I feel Like God has opened my heart even more to love more deeply that it hurts. I don't really know how to explain this other than I love her so much that I would give my life to protect her. She is everything to me. As much as motherhood is so incredibly hard at times. And I cry because I am still selfish and want "me" time and a break not to take care of anyone or anything but just to shut my brain off and just to veg at times...to even contemplate things being differently than what they are and not having her, a part of me, in my life I just can't even imagine life any differently now that I have her.

Motherhood is hard! It's a sacrifice. It's a dying to self. It weakens me only to teach me how much stronger I can be. It's everything I hoped it would be and much more.
I am sorry to think of those poor girls today that were entering Planned Parenthood. They are ignorant of the gift that is dwelling within them. That gift is defenseless and needs protecting. It's just breaks my heart!

This movie for some reason really helped me to contemplate that my little Lucy is a gift from God that I am truly grateful and unworhty to be her parent. She is my little Valentine today :)

If it weren't for all the champagne tonight I don't think I would be so open about my feelings...

Here is a picture of Lucy today with her first Valentine from Mommy and Daddy. A book: Guess How Much I Love you. She just loves to be read to :)

4 comments:

  1. I really want to watch that movie!

    I agree, the love for our children is incomparable! I would gladly die for her, without thought! They are so innocent and sweet and in need of protection!

    I love the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is beautiful! I love how your described your love for your daughter~ I love the pic too! What a cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My two LOVE that book! Actually, I always say to Rose Marie at night, "I love you all the way to the moon..." and she finishes my saying with, "and back!" LOVE it! :)

    ReplyDelete