My Family

My Family

Friday, April 17, 2009

Rambling

O.k. so it has been awhile since I caught up with posting. A LOT as happened, well kind of.

I had a doctor's appointment with a new doctor (yes, again) on Thurs. the 9th. Dh came with me which was sooooo much nicer than being alone. The doctor basically wasn't sure what he could do for us. He was a paranatologist (I think that's what he was). Anyways, I sent him a bunch of immunology blood tests to have done and he said he could run them but he wouldn't be sure what to do if any came out positive. That sounded very weird to me. Don't doctors talk to each other and ask for advice? Couldn't he have done this in this situation? I will never know because I NEVER speak up...WHAT IS MY PROBLEM? (please don't answer that) I suppose if I would have said something then the appointment would have gone in a completely different direction. Instead the doctor talked about How a Woman's Body Works 101. That was irritating. Of course we know this by now. 5 years of ttc then this talk was way back on month 1, book 1. HAHA.

The appointment ended with a lab request to see whether my Dh and I are chromosomally a match or not. This will basically tell us if we will never have children or children born with problems...This is what he said at least. We are really hesitant to have this done. How accurate can a test like this be? Does anyone know about this test or heard anything about it? Anything positive by chance? We haven't done it yet. I am to scared right now to face any results like that!

Oh, I got my questionnaire from Dr. H.ilgers about adrenal fatigue. I read it out loud to Dh last night to see what he thought and get his answers about me and basically I'll be SHOCKED if this is not my problem. I seriously felt like someone was describing me exactly in this questionnaire. Needless to say I am so EXCITED to fill it out and fax it in to PPVI. YEAH! Give me more drugs. Give me more bills. HAHA.

Otherwise, I am on CD 13 and two days ago I had 10 k but where is it now? I guess I need to drink tons more water! I don't know... it should be Peak day anytime now but not two days ago. Please CM come on! It is almost time for shots. I can't wait! :)

Hope you all had a lovely Easter! Thank you for the prayers for my Grandpa. He is dying so we are not sure when God will take him. It was so hard to see him so fragile and suffering so much! I couldn't have a very long conversation with him with out leaving the room crying so he couldn't see me. Ugh! The great thing is he is wearing a brown scapular and praying the Rosary every day now. His guardian angel must be praying so much for him because this is truly a miracle. Thank you God!

P.s. I'll post pictures of my trip out to CA this evening. After seeing myself in some (the ones I deleted) pictures I joined the gym here. Wish me luck! It's time to get rid of my caboose!!! Dh is going to go with me three days a week. It'll be great for both of us ;)

5 comments:

  1. I had a feeling you would definately be a candidate for Hydrocort... I felt SO MUCH BETTER after just completing the questionnaire- - like, Oh wow, I'm not just a lazy slob!!

    Also, the tests you got done sound like what me and FJIEJ just got done. The DQAlpha. (Read my latest post for more info.) Luckily, there IS treatment, so it's not just a "oops, you're too close of a match chromosomally, and can't ever have kids" kind of thing. The treatment is either IVIG (very expensive) or Intralipids.
    Funny, my Immunology appt was the same day as yours!! I wonder if it means something...?

    Prayers still being said for your grandpa. I just lost my grandma in Jan., and it was very similar. Knowing she's so happy in heaven with her spouse, parents, and siblings is a lot of consolation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TCIE-I think lazy slob is still a big part of you! Don't get off that fast! Ha! You don't think I wouldn't get you back would you! That's what you get! hahaha

    Mr. Fertile Thoughts: I do thank you for sounding your annoyance to my ignorant anonymous. It also helps remind me that us barren women aren't the only one struggling with ignorance when faced with this struggle! Glad you are able to vent to Mr. FT! ;)

    I can't wait to hear your test results. It is amazing! I think my mother and my dad had that test done back in the day! ;) So I would give it a try! Probably something you don't want to know, but I would get it done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A~ I never heard of that test before. By chance, did you guys join Gold's? If so, I'm super excited! I'm always looking for a buddy to go to the classes with me! They are so fun! Let me know!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. L~ We joined American Family Fitness...but we're still doing the 30 day trial before comitting. I think they have more classes offered around the times I am off of work. If I am wrong about this please let me know. How do you like Gold's? I really don't know much about the two...what type of classes do you take?

    Hope your enjoying the great weather :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is smart to try it out first to see if you like it. I'm not sure what the difference is between the two...we like Gold's though. When we lived down by you we used to bump into Father K at the one in the Fan, haha! I go to Step and Pump classes. Step is basically aerobics and Pump is low weight lifting. Both are super fun! Let me know how you like American Family. I certainly like their name better.

    ReplyDelete