So girls I have about 2 weeks left give or take until the arrival of Baby Massett. If anyone would like me to take there intentions with me into labor just let me know. I need to offer all this pain up for someone/something so it would be helpful to have your intentions in mind :) Just email if you would like: ambermassett at gmail dot com
Here's a little update. It is getting much harder to move around. Every joint in my body aches even my fingers which is weird! I really don't have much enery during the day. Saturday morning I slept in and actually caught up on my lack of sleep lately. So Dh and I got dressed, went to the Farmers Market, S.tarbucks, and then to Maymont Park to walk around the japanese gardens, then Dh drove me to the Mall so I could get a couple nursing bras, then we went to my parents house to go swimming, and I made peach cobbler with my sister while Dh grilled ribs (YUM!!!!). It was a very busy day to say the least but I kept telling Dh that I really wanted us to do a lot before the baby comes. Needless to say Sunday I crashed!!!! I felt so sick tired that I did nothing! Absolutely nothing! Just sat on the couch and watched T.V. I was so wiped out!
Anyways, Saturday really taught me a lesson. I really need to pase myself lately with what I plan on doing for one day at a time. I am really getting anxious for the baby to come. I have such a mixture of feelings from being scared, nervous, and anxious to go through all the pain to being excited, and overjoyed to finally meet my little one.
We have another midwife appoinment tomorrow so hopefully she'll tell me the baby has turned around and things are progessing. After all I have been taking that eveing primrose oil at night and (TMI) it makes me feel like I wet my pants ...so uncomfortable! it is so difficult to sleep right now that the smallest thing wakes me. It is such a huge process to roll from one side to the other that I constantelty wake up just to flip over. I really can't believe how pregnancy changes your whole body.
I think that is probable one of the reasons I have been in hiding lately. I haven't visited with anyone in awhile just because i get so uncomfortable sitting for a long period of time. Mass has been a killer lately so the movies are definelty out of the question, haha! I don't want to have anyone over and then be like "excuse me I need everyone to sit at the dining room table so I can lye down on the couch." That would be crazy. But that is how I feel.
I think I am really going to miss being pregnant when this is all over with just because it has been a dream come true but it will be nice to get to moving around like normal and feeling like myself again. And if I hear one more time "are you sure you're not having twins" "are you sure there is only one baby in thre" I just might break down and bawl my eyes out :)
So exciting that you're getting close! I had all of the same emotions with my first and many this time around too. The worst part this time has been all of the commenters, like yours, telling me I must be having twins I'm so huge and "when are you due again? Oh wow, you have a ways to go!" It's actually very upsetting and I really wish people would keep their opinions private. After all, what can we do about it?! Also, what do they think 32 weeks pregnant SHOULD look like! Crazy. So don't worry, you're not the only one with opinionated people around them! Take care and get your rest :)
ReplyDeleteIt is so close! And I am already starting to feel a lot of what you describe-it is a whole body experience being pregnant and everything is affected, esp sleep and movement. You will feel instantly better after having the baby and heartburn and all that will go away even though you will still have some extra weight. It is like magic. Pregnancy is wonderful, but def harder as you get to the end and it is understandable you are ready for the little one to be in your arms. I wrote a post about overdoing it too-it is so easy when you want to do more and your body is telling you to do less...I can't wait to see pics of your beautiful baby! And ignore those folks about more than one baby, yours will be beautiful and perfect. Mine was avg size and I gained almost 50 lbs last time and it all came off easily by nursing.
ReplyDeleteSo excited and happy for you! I sincerely found birth to be a fun adventure. It was intense in a great way. I am praying for, that you get to enjoy every precious moment of your birth and that your birth plan goes just how you hope! So, excited. Thanks for offering to take our intentions with you. How sweet! Please pray for me that I might be a mother again and one day will give birth again. Thank you!!!!
ReplyDeleteWOW! Its almost time. I'll be praying for you guys. Its so amazing to know you guys over the blog here in the last year. You are going to do great at the birth. I almost missed it after it was all over... and now that Claire is 5 months... I already miss those first few days at home when we didnt know what we were doing - LOL. I'll keep watching for any news!!!!!
ReplyDelete2 weeks or less :) The first few weeks after giving birth, it was so strange to not feel the baby inside me and realize that he was in my arms instead! Almost a year later, I still miss the kicks and flips. It's funny, but you tend to forget the aches and pains and sleeplessness.
ReplyDeleteYAY! Can't wait for you to have this little one and also for you to come out of hiding! Miss you!
ReplyDeleteOh I cannot WAIT! I am so excited for you!!!
ReplyDeleteI cannot believe your big day is just around the corner! Oh please do not hold out on us, have SOMEONE be your blogger so we can get updates!! (and hopefully some pics)
Awe, I loved this post. I can't believe it is almost time:) I can't imagine! Oh and I loved that Saturday morning you spent with your DH. It gave me an idea for an upcoming saturday with my dh. We have a new farmers market...we are going! Blessings....put a picture up of you and your belly!
ReplyDeleteWow, you are so close! I'll be emailing you with intentions soon.
ReplyDeleteI am so thrilled for you that you are pregnant with your miracle baby! I want you to know that I am thinking of you and praying for you!
ReplyDeleteI turned 44 last week and feel sad and discouraged. A friend of mine who just turned 40 and married only five months just found out she is pregnant. We were praying a 54 day rosary novena together to be blessed with children. She and her husband were chosen by God to be blessed with a child, but not me. I keep wondering, will it ever be my turn? Or is too late now that I'm 44?
My husband and I just celebrated our third wedding anniversay and have been ahem, actively trying for three years. In those three years I haven't been able to get pregnant once.
Do you think weight has anything to do with being able to get pregnant? Any vitamins or supplements that you think helped you be able to get pregnant?
My 40 year old friend who is newly prgnant told me that maybe it is not in God's plan for me to be able to get pregnant and be a mother. She told me this the day before I got my period when I usually experience bad PMS. Every time I think about this, well it makes me cry. I really want to be a Mother so much!
I have an appointment on Aug. 27th to see a endocrinologist (sp?) specialist and see what he has to say, but I'm worried he might try to put me on birth control or lupron. They already told me that the cut off age for IVF is 44 and I told them I am not interested in that. I won't do anything that could cause me and my husband to lose our souls and heaven. I am not sure if going to see this specialist will do us any good or if I should just go back to the Napro doctor. What do you think? Of course the Napro doctor is going to encourage me to lose weight again and ask me why I gained some weight back? Why? Because I feel so sad and discouraged by this endometrios/infertility thing!!
By the way, what brand multi vitamin did you take before being able to get pregnant? I'm searching for a good one!!
Hope to hear from you!
My email is:
prayrosary4life@aol.com
Thinking of you and praying for you!
Love,
Maria In Mass
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteYou are so close!!! I can't believe all the things you did this weekend. I could barely move those last couple of weeks. It is really amazing how quickly all the aches and pains go away after giving birth. The only thing I am still dealing with is numb hands, which seems weird because that was one of the last things to develop. I do miss being pregnant - I loved the experience so much even though it was so physically demanding - I just laughed at myself at the end. It is wild to look at my little one and to think that just a couple weeks ago he was in my body - so amazing! Praying for you to have a happy/healthy birth.
ReplyDeletePraying for you and for a healthy delivery!
ReplyDeleteHow are you doing? I have been thinking of you lately and totally understand how uncomfortable it is at the end. All of that will go away once that baby comes out. You will feel amazing, like you can do anything!! It is just so hard, at the end, I knew that this baby had to come!! Please feel free to call/email me if you need to vent! I was there a short couple months ago. Hang in there, your baby is almost here!!
ReplyDeleteI'm praying for you! I hear you are in labor:) God bless you dear. My prayers are with you and your baby today!
ReplyDeleteAmber, thinking of you and praying for you! I'm praying you and Baby have a happy and holy delivery and everything goes well! Much love and hugs to you!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Maria