My Family

My Family

Saturday, August 8, 2009

So much to say...

I have so much I want to say and so many blogs I want to catch up with reading that I am about to LOSE my mind, for real! I am in NY right now so I just have to play it by ear whether I'll have enough time to write in a post all I want to say before having to get off of who ever's computer I am using at the moment...

I am up in NY as I said visiting Dh as he finishes up working up here this week. I was actually so nervous to see him again as it had almost been one month since he had left to NY (yes, last cycle was a waist for ttc). It was great though when I saw Dh at the airport he made plans for us to stay the night on a boat on lake Oneida (sp?). So thoughtful! It is just so nice to be back together and at least have hope for this cycle working then. Oh, I got my camera back while up here in NY and all of my FREAK'n pictures are erased!!! yes, erased. I am in shock about this and irate at the same time. That means no pics. of Dh and our memories for like the last two years. WTF!!! What do I do about this? I am so pissed! Well, there is nothing I can do about this now :(

I have actually been doing everything I can to conceive this cycle. Except the Cod Liver Oil is KILLING me! The smell is just gagging me so I don't know how to make it through consuming it everyday. I already mix it in orange juice... any other ideas? I guess I am just trying to be "hopeful". I keep telling myself that maybe that will help out. I really have no other choice in the matter. I feel as though I am at the brink of feeling overwhelmed at any moment by thinking that I am almost at the one year mark since my surgery with Dr. Hilgers. Yup, Aug. of 2008 was the big month that things were suppose to change for us. I was just talking to Dh about this and I said have you realized that since I started treatment with Dr. Hilgers we have only had about 5 cycles of ttc. Let me do the math... o.k. this is the actual count down:
Aug. 2008- Laproscopy
Sept. 2008 - ttc
Oct. 2008 - ttc
Nov. 2008 - Pregnant
Jan. 2009 - MC
Feb. 2009 - recovery cycle
Mar. 2009 - break
April 2009 - ttc
May 2009 - ttc
June 2009 - TERRIBLY SICK (abstained)
July 2009 - Hubs. out of town
and now Aug....better have Dh around tp ttc.

So as I have counted that really dosen't count as one year since there were so many times we couldn't ttc. O.k. this is my pep. talk to try to motivate myself that were just on our sixth cycle into treatments. haha, I sound desperate for hope here.

I did make an appointment with a new RE in Richmond for Sept. 24th. Yeh, I am hoping that he might help to be more aggressive with treatment!!!!! Times a waisting and I sick of moving so slowly with treatments....Oh, which by the way this cycle is my first one with out Clomid in awhile and now I am taking Estrace during the post peak phase. Hum, I wonder what this do for me? I have got to run but I will so try to catch up with everyone soon (((hugs))) and praying!

7 comments:

  1. Hopefully, this month will be better for you since you and the dh are back in the same town. Gosh....I don't know if I could be away from my dh for a month...we miss each other when I'm or he is away for a night. But when there is no other choice...then you do what you have to do right? Cod liver oil, huh? What does that stuff do for IF? I know fish oil comes in a pill...doesn't cod liver oil? God bless your heart for enduring cod liver oil...just the thought makes me want to gag. You're a strong woman!

    Hope the new RE is good for you too and more aggressive. That is why I switched and so far, it's been a good choice. Dr. napro was not aggreesive in treatment at all. If I didn't offer suggestions...or ask for blood tests...nothing was done. Nice guy and all but not the dr I needed for my IF. I like the aggressive approach...after six years...we've been waiting long enough. I will keep you and your dh in my prayers. BTW: Have you given up coffee too? I'm down to one cup in the am now...but I just can't seem to break that habit. How did you do it? Blessings!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't despair about your deleted photos amber! you can get data recovery software from the internet to your photos back. just google it and i think it's not so expensive. you can even go to a good camera store or a computer store and ask if they can help you.

    i'm glad that you're having a good time with your hubs. it definitely helps to have him around when you're TTC!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry it took me so long to get over here. It seems like it always takes me so long to get back into some sort of normal routine after we travel. I'm so glad JB had a idea about your pics as I am just horrified at the thought of you loosing all those pics.

    You so deserve this time off. I pray that you're having a great time. I don't have any tips for the cod liver oil. I normally take fish oil capsules (not cod liver oil) but can't seem to stomach them either after taking a break from them for the TN trip. I think there are cod liver oil capsules right? Maybe easier to take than the pourable oil?

    I'm missing all of y'all something terrible. I so wished that I lived within driving distance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What kind of CLO are you taking? The caps are much easier to tolerate. After reading the comments here on your blog a few weeks ago about CLO, I ordered the fermented CLO w/ Butter oil from Radiant Life and man...that stuff is way worse. But after spending $50 on the bottle of 96 doses, I'm committed to choking it down until the last drop is finished.

    My one year anniversary of my surgery in Omaha with Hilgers is coming up this fall. :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What the heck, where did my comment go?? Ah well, I'll just have to write another one.

    I am impressed with your ability to "downsize" your amount of time TTC since surgery. I really should think that way, but instead I like to think, "That's it- 18 months since surgery, I'm officially barren!" Yours is much more realistic, however :)

    Oh, by the way, I was thinking of starting tennis. What's the name of that Russian tennis racquet you use, again??

    ReplyDelete
  6. TCIE,

    You're comment CRACKED me up! Hilarious....as I told that dear priest a hundred times, it's WILSON! HAHA!!!!!! That was really so embarrassing that he couldn't hear me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love how your tone of voice never changed, with each repetition of "Wilson." You must have said it 20 times!!

    Not as embarrassing as being told your shirt is too low cut... omg, I almost died of embarrassment FOR poor LH!

    ReplyDelete