Well girls, I am just checking in. I feel like there isn't really much going on in my life to post about lately so maybe as I write this post things will come to mind. I have come to the realization that I am just not myself lately...what I mean is I am incredibly "spacey". That might be the word to describe it, but I keep doing really stupid forgetful things that I never used to do. For example, I preheated the oven the other night to 450 so I could broil a bake potato. Unfortunately, I completely forgot that I stored plastic spatulas inside some pots in the oven as well. It started to smell really bad so I asked Dh to clear out the pots in the oven...that's when I realized I completely melted the handles of the spatulas onto my pots and lets just say the smell was crazy TOXIC. Not only this incident but I catch myself leaving the burner on to the stove, etc. or Dh will ask me to pick something up from the store and I drive to the store, buy everything but the items Dh asked for and then return home feeling like an idiot. It's just not like me to be so forgetful.
All this has led me to purchase renter's insurance for our house (I should have done this along time ago) but now I feel like it is necessary because I just don't trust my brain lately, haha!
I did sign Dh and I up for our Bradley Birth Classes. Yeh!!! I know it is still awhile off but classes fill up fast so I am just glad to get it off the list. I did want to do the Tues. night classes offered in the spring just because I hate the idea of Sunday evening classes during the summer but there was a problem with this. L.ost is on Tuesday nights and we can't miss that :) So, we're going to take the May-June session on Sunday evenings. I also, signed us up for a free class offered at the hospital about breast feeding and on taking care of newborns. It can't hurt to see what they have to say as I haven't ever had to take care of newborn before.
Other than this I am just about finished reading this book called, Ina May Gaskin's Guide to Childbirth.
it is really interesting and now I am considering hiring a doula to help with the whole birth as well as using a mid-wife. The nice thing is is that my Bradley Birth instructors (there are two of them) are both doulas so it will be great to talk with them about it.
Oh, I almost forgot to mention that we're in the process of giving one of our dogs away. I am telling myself that this is ABSOLUTELY necessary that we do this. I seriously feel sick about it but we really have any other choice. Oddie has been my furbaby for 3 years. We drove all the way to PA (3 hours) to purchase him and I cried when I got him. Actually, I can't post much else about him or I'll start crying here at work...
Speaking of work I guess I should actually do some. I have been reading T.he P.ioneer W.oman's Love Story today and it has been a huge distraction...
good for you ! My sister did Bradley and really like it, she has had all 6 of her children natural and has taken classes on Lamaze and Bradley and Bradley was her favorite!
ReplyDeleteYou have what's called "mom-nesia"! It's a bit like amnesia where you forget stuff constantly, but it occurs during pregnancy. Don't worry - it's normal! I have it too and I'm not nearly as far along as you. I guess it sets in immediately. Keeps us humble :)
ReplyDeleteSo glad you're doing well and progressing! Good luck with the classes!
HA - Pioneer Woman's love story - I know, its an all day event to read it. LOL
ReplyDeleteI forget things ALLLLL the time! Its the funniest thing bc I am totally not like this. I leave the oven ON even after dinner is done!
You asked on my blog how I knew what to get ready... Here is something that helped me get organized and things in order for baby arrival. I didnt buy it till about three months ago.... its still WAY helpful even if you dont start at 40 weeks.
http://www.amazon.com/Weeks-Essential-Pregnancy-Organizer-Organizers/dp/0976647915
Also the Bradley class workbook you'll get tells you what to take the the hospital and things the baby will need. :) You'll LOVE the class, promise. If you want to see my birth plan I created during class - let me know.
I'll keep you guys posted on labor! So excited for you too.
Hugs
Nicole
Ina May is my hero. That book was hilariously crunchy granola, but I loved it so much.
ReplyDeleteIf I lived within 12 hours of TN and it was feasible to take a month off around my EDD, I'd be having this baby at The Farm, you can bank on it.
So sorry to hear that you have mommy brain! Good thing that you got renters insurance! ;)
ReplyDeleteI am just happy that you aren't like that normally, because I am (embarrassingly enough) and it got ten times worse. Dh can vouch-he definitely feared I would burn the house down!
ReplyDeleteI am glad you signed up for the classes-we took everything they offered-nursing, new baby care, birth, and even infant CPR. I am so glad we did. The nursing was the most helpful, I think, but we liked them all (okay, dh didn't do the nursing one). I think I felt like I was able to have some control by preparing-lol.
Hello! I've been reading your blog along with a lot of the other women who are using NaPro to try to conceive. I have some questions about your medications that might help me out-would you mind if I sent you an email?
ReplyDeletek.alfermann@gmail.com
Your comment on my post today really made me feel better-thanks! And no, they weren't the "wrong words" It would pretty hard to hear the wrong words from women who understand like all of you.
ReplyDeletesorry this comment is late- but Bradley classes are so good. I took them, had a great natural birth, midwives, out of hospital birth, the whole bit.
ReplyDeleteNOW- I teach Bradley! Love Ina May Gaskin too!
And, praying we're blessed with another baby so I can go through birth again (am I that crazy? I think I am)