My Family

My Family

Friday, March 26, 2010

Oddie says good-bye...

O.k. Oddie is leaving today and I am trying not think about it...last night I was crying in bed because I really don't want him to go but he has to. Here is a video of Oddie (we were spending quality time together). It's a rare treat when he gets to sit on my bed, supervised of course. So, all he wanted to do was sleep. Ugh! I hate having to get rid of him. Hopefully the new family he is going to will spoil him like crazy.

Oddie chillin out

9 comments:

  1. It's okay- he is probably going to a wonderful home! (...and he can have fun peeing all over his new owner's house!) He'll have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so sad! We had to get rid of my cocker spaniel when I was little because I was allergic to her, and I'm still traumatized! I understand your pain. But don't worry, your pain will be replaced by much joy very soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love his attitude! I'm sure he'll be just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I am so sorry! I am sure that has been really hard today. Big hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH my gosh, sweetie! I had no idea! I'm so behind on your blog, I didn't even know this was going on. This must totally break your heart, and you know I know how you feel since we just lost our Uzi :( But Oddie looks like he will be well-adjusted no matter where he is, and a pug-lover will have a new best friend now.

    As for your Naltrexone ? from the last post, my NaPro Dr always has people discontinue it upon BFP. I had never heard or something on it throughout pg (though I'm NOT saying this is not done, I've just never seen it at my Dr's office). And 50 mgs?? Whoa, that is really high. I'm almost thinking like, not safe high...? I would def. come off, just my personal opinion and what I would choose, but on a dose that high, like the nurse said, you'll want to wean.

    So sorry about Oddie, if you want to talk about it you can call me any time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry that you have to let Oddie go. My family had to let 2 dogs go at different times in my childhood because they just weren't good fits. I know how hard it can be at the time but how much relief it can be in the long run. I am glad that he's going to a pug lover, you've been a great mama by finding him the best home you could. Hang in there, I'm praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry about Oddie, I hope homelife is nice and quiet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry that you have to go through this!!! Sending you hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sure it will be really difficult, so I will def send some extra prayers your way. At least you have peace knowing it the right thing. Cute video!

    ReplyDelete