So I thought I would treat myself since today is Sunday and the Feast of the Holy Family. I made Texas toast french toast with syrup, and sausage this morning...why would I feel sick after eating that? I always feel sick after eating french toast and I don't know why. I think the rest of the day I should go back to grain free.
Tonight I am going to make Roasted Chicken with sherry gravy and mashed cauliflower that I have been hearing so much about. It's funny two days with just cutting back on the grains (although seriously not perfect) and two days of headaches I woke up with energy to get us all dressed and ready for early morning Mass. That is soooo not like me. Normally I am begging Dh to let me go back to sleep and he can watch Lucy...such a bad wife!
So here is today's so far and a game plan
Breakfast: 1/4 coffee with whole milk and coconut sugar. 1 Banana
Lunch: 1 c. whole milk, 2 slices Texas Toast French toast with junky syrup, 4 sausage links, and some m&m's. I really do need to through those damn m&ms out of the house!!!!
Snack: Fruit Drink with Kefir, 1/4 of English muffin with almond butter and honey.
Two toffee cookies and stinking m&ms...a handful
Dinner: Roasted Chicken with sherry gravy, mashed cauliflower, and a veggie.
(We ended up having steak with mushrooms, onions, a small baked potato, and a glass of raw milk.
Exercise: Walk 45 min.s (never happened)
Drink 3 mama jugs of water!!!! So far I have only finished two in a day :(
Thank you girls for all your tips and support! I really need the encouragement to suck it up through the headaches ;)
***gees you girls are smart with advice and ideas on what to eat!!! I have so much to learn!!!
Good! I'm glad you feel sick after eating the toast! That's a good reason not to eat it anymore! Cut it Momma! You can do it! :) LOL You will find different ways to celebrate without food that makes you sick! :)
ReplyDeleteAlmond flour pancakes are a good compromise... :)
Girl eat your eggs in the morning! :) Your baby's brain needs them! :)
ReplyDeleteI wasn't sure from the last post but this one is more clear. You need to eat more protein. Especially early in the day. Coffee and banana is even lacking for a between meal snack (even a tablespoon of nut butter would help). But your body needs a more substantial breakfast.
ReplyDeleteI think JB was right about too high of blood sugar being part of the problem with the headaches. I have a low tolerance for anything covered in maple syrup when I'm pregnant other than sausage. Part of the reality is that if you cut our grains, you will need to eat more. I do better eating a small amount (like a clench fist amount) 6 to 8 times a day. Your clenched fist maybe bigger than mine but mine is about the size of a 10 oz coffee mug or what will easily fit on a dessert plate. Hope that helps.
Agreeing with what some of the others are saying - you definitely need protein with breakfast. Try to get a decent amount with each meal or snack. Low blood sugar can contribute to headaches, but so can a lot of carbs - like eating a banana by itself. Like Sew said, too, when you start to get sick with something, it will help you stay away from it the next time!
ReplyDeleteYup, get rid of the M&M's. :) We had a Game Night last night with some friends and they demolished pretty much all of our remaining Christmas cookies. It's so much better not to have temptations in the house. It's a lot easier to choose a healthier snack at home if you have to go to the store to get an unhealthy one! :-D
ps: I'm going to post what we ate for breakfast this morning on my blog if you want to check it out. It was delicious! :)
It is so hard to stay away from grains, but I did it for over 6 months, along with dairy and sugar. I feed Isabella super healthy food and am going to start making Isaiah's home made formula (Nourishing Traditions recipe) with raw milk and other good stuff starting this week. I am pretty excited and hope it helps with all the digestion problems he is having!
ReplyDeleteI am not sure if I am ready to give up dairy and grains again though, but I might cut way back on sugar soon!
I had commented after your last post but it didnt' show up.... You REALLY need to eat protien at breakfast, eggs, eggs eggs! try to eat some kind of meat with eggs for bkfast. The fruit and syrupy things are rough on your blood sugar!If you have fruit at bkfast that is fine but have the protien first! Try to stop having sweets at bkfast entirely and if you need somthing sweet have it after lunch...a good lunch. :) this will help!
ReplyDelete