My Family

My Family

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Headache?

Breakfast: 1/2 c. coffee, hot cocoa mix, with whole milk, two gluten free waffles with butter and almond butter (yes I was craving grains)

Lunch:Salad with chicken breast, one toffee cookie

Snack: Coconut macaroons 3, almond flour banana bread 1 slice with butter

Dinner: Spaghetti sauce with gf brown rice noodles and 1/2 of Lucy's English Muffin

Exercise: Walked for 45 min.s :)

Seriously I am wondering what is going on the last two nights... I have had the worst headaches and I rarely ever get headaches! I know I have cut back on grains a lot compared to usual for me but I still have been eating some sweets. Obviously I have a major sweet tooth!!! Both nights I have gotten a headache right before dinner time, crazy! Tonight I had brown rice pasta to see if that would help and no such luck. Do you think maybe it is a withdrawal headache? Can I be that sensitive to dietary changes? I am trying not to give up here :)

9 comments:

  1. Is maybe your blood sugar too high? I would think that you need more protein in your diet. It helps me with my blood sugar-related head aches.

    Good luck Amber!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JB, What do you mean by having my blood sugar be too high? Sometimes I think it probably is high because I really like sweets, white flour, etc. But I thought the headache would be caused by blood sugar being too low. Then again I know nothing about blood sugar so any advice/info is really appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I have insulin resistance I have to be careful about my blood sugar. I've really noticed (particularly since my last surgeries) that if I consume too many carbs that I get light-headed and sometimes I get headaches. It's personal observation that I'm working with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Headaches are awful...I notice you are drinking coffee...have you cut down? Or are you eating less chocolate or soda? How is your progesterone level? If you take progesterone does the headache go away? Do you take baby aspirin? Do you monitor your blood sugar level? Is is low?

    ReplyDelete
  5. More pictures of Lucy! I love this one of all of you. What a journey you have been on...you covered everything...I must tell you how in awe of you I am. I see so much persistance in your sidebar and am impressed by it all! Triple Wow! I am so thrilled for you. How far along are you now???

    ReplyDelete
  6. April 2 is coming SO SOOON!!!!!!!!!!

    How are you feeling?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am trying for May 1st to be my due date. Are you still taking Fish Oil? Do you take Vitamin D and Calcium? How is your water intake?

    ReplyDelete
  8. The gut is connected to the head....If there is inflammation etc it will affect your head. They are connected. :) You are still eating lots of carbs so I think cutting back might affect you.....Cut those carbs Momma and your sugar cravings will go down....

    Carbs are released in the gut into a low dose alcohol. So when you crave carbs you are actually craving the alcohol....Like an alcoholic....

    Up your protein...Eggs for breakfast, hard boiled eggs for a snack...Eggs are a cheap way to get good protein in. ;) Chicken at $2 a pound or a whole chicken at $4 or $5 dollars is worth it and very cheap.... ;) Get in your fats and up your protein.....Stop trying to replace all your wheat with other things. Just chuck it Momma! ;) GF waffles have a ton of carbs and you are still eating grains. :) Muah! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you for decreasing the carbs! I also have IR and feel awful with too many carbs not balaced with protein. I am addicted to eggs! LOL at SEW!!!!

    ReplyDelete