I have been thinking a lot about my last post and since I don't post often and then I decided to rant about Dh's and my Christmas plans in a negative light I don't want anyone to misconstrue that we are having marriage problems or that are marriage is in a bad state. The more I have prayed about this the more I can't help but think about
Our Lady and her journey to the manger in Bethlehem to give birth to
Christ. Here it is the Christmas Season and how appropriate for me to
try to better understand the birth of Christ; Our Lady giving birth in
an unfamiliar place, amongst strangers, away from home, etc. How can I
complain? I am not sleeping in a manger, I have my family with me, I am
blessed to have two beautiful babies, I have my husband by my side
taking care of us. I really think in order for me to enjoy this
Christmas I need to change my perspective! There was a time when I
didn't have children when I would have done anything, suffered anything
to have them. I really think I need to count my blessings! I am blessed
this year to spend Christmas with my husband. There are many families
who are not as fortunate. Also, I have my children. I get to be with,
hold them in my arms and see their faces light up on Christmas morning.
We will have many family members, and friends to rejoice with us in
Christ's birth this season and that is truly a blessing! What I need to
do is ask myself how can I make the most out of this Christmas for my
family. What can I bring with us and plan for us to make this Christmas
Eve and Christmas day extra special. So, if anyone has any suggestions
on how to do this away from home please share. in the meantime I will be
praying for God to please help me to be the wife and mother He is
calling me to be this Christmas. It may not be what I have in mind but
how can God mold me in to who He wants me to be if I am unwilling to respond
"Fiat" like the Blessed Mother said. I need to be a trusting wife and
mother to the head of my home!

Beautiful Amber! :) We just recently told my mil that we weren't coming to her house Christmas morning (we've been going there since we've been married!) and she's very sad about it. I think it's only natural to get upset when there's a change...but I love your perspective and I know you'll have a blessed Christmas!
ReplyDelete:) I don't have any ideas for you, but hopefully others will!
ReplyDeleteOh, gosh, spending Christmas away from your own home is so hard. it seems like maybe this Christmas is a special circumstance? If so, there are many more down the road. And if not, you have a year to discus with DH. So hard.
ReplyDeleteMaybe you can take some homey things with you, stockings for the kids, special cookies, whatever. But a good perspecitive is always key, I try to be thankfulf or everything, even the hard stuff and it is lighter that way. :)
Can you pack a small Christmas tree with lights on it in the car? We are putting up a mini tree this year with my lack of energy!
ReplyDeleteThen you'll be able to open gifts and have the kids surprise in the morning. I know you'll have plenty of room in your car... Throw that tree in:)
Chest p for your good perspective! Xo