My Family

My Family

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Back to Cooking Dinner



O.k. now that Dh is home for the school year I am finally back in the mood to cook dinner. Here is a picture of a yummy Skillet Lasagna I made last night. It is the best if you are looking for something that will last a few nights...which I am always looking for :) he nice thing about this recipe is that if you are craving lasagna but want a simple recipe that doesn't take to long to put together then your all set.

Anyways, today is CD 15 and I have had 10KL the last two days. I just can't wait to move on the the HCG this month. I am hoping that the stress this cycle has affected a thing...yeh, right! haha! I know it does but I am just so anxious to move on already to the P+7 blood draw and see if it is any better than last month.

Yesterday I went on my F.acebook rampage of looking for friends that might be pregnant again that I just didn't know about yet. Yes, I found about five friends!!! One of the girls it took her three years to get pregnant (naturally) and now she is expecting her third. She is having one baby after another now. I just don't get it!!! How did her body just stat working all of a sudden. Will that end up happening for any of us IF girls? I pray it does.

On Sunday Dh and I are to a baptism for my "brother's" baby. I think they chose us as godparents because we were suppose to be due at the same time but I am actually hoping that I am able to keep myself together during the ceremony. My due date was Aug. 15th and this baby was born on the 16th. So, I really am having to pray about the fact that I keep thinking that Dh and I would have been baptizing our own baby right now. I guess I am just holding on to what could have been. I really need to pray for the grace to make it through this weekend and just let go. I just don't want anyone to give me any looks of sympathy during the baptism of our godchild. I really just want everyone to forget about us that day so I don't have to talk about IF at all...please say a prayer for DH and me if you remember to. Thank you!!!

Hope you all have a blessed weekend! Praying for you all!

9 comments:

  1. You are such a courageous person and know that I will be praying for you and your DH during that baptism. I can't imagine how I will make it through Dec. Our baby would have been due dec. 26. I just wish the pain would somehow go away, but I look at mothers who had grown children who die and their pain never goes away. It may lessen and I pray for the grace to handle these losses better.
    Yah for having good cm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duggar is due the same date I was! WTF is all I have to say! I almost fell out of my chair! Whatever! I am trying to forget how far along I would be right now, and truthfully I don't know. Its hard not to think about.

    How can you eat that?! My poor tummy hurts looking at that delicious food I can't eat!

    I did make a fabulos chicken. Are you ready, it's very simple! I poured some lime juice on it, let it sit for a bit, then I cut it into bite size pieces, threw it in a pan, let it cook and as it was cooking I sprinkled cumin and pepper. OMG! It was so simple and SO GOOD! Yummy!

    I would much rather have your lasagna!

    I understand your pain. I am already doing all the wrong things. I think the farther away I can get from thinking of conception maybe it will work again. IE, making a cocktail while on clomid. hahahahaha! I'm already a little tipsy! I surrender.....I feel so lost and in limbo right now. Not really sure of how to feel or what to feel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That lasagna in a pan looks good...can you share that recipe? I'm always in need of good quick meals...now that I am back to cooking our dinners and not depending on already made things.

    I guess most of my friends have had their children so I don't get too many pregnancy announcements. Eventhough I'm on a journey of accepting God's will and I am working on resigning our IF to God...it still will be hard to hear people tell us they are expecting. There's one couple in particular that know what we've been going through who have a baby through adoption and are now trying on their own....I have my dh talk to them. I know it's a matter of time. It's so difficult for me to celebrate others baby joys when I've had such a difficult time conceiving. I guess it comes with the cross we carry. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who feels this way. I just ask God to help me cope. Good luck with the baptism....just breathe and if it's really hard..know it's only a matter of time and the event will be over and you can go back to your home to release! That always helps me. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be praying for you, Amber. Seriously, that must have been so hard to be at the baptism. I hope everything was okay.

    The lasagna looks delicious! Yum!

    Enjoy your day off today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that lasagna looks DELICIOUS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, that looks good! Hope this week is better for you. Praying for a peaceful baptism, my sister's was hard for me but also rewarding. I love being a part of my newphew's spiritual life. He gets tons of prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I pray EVERY DAY that once all of us find that "magic protocol" that helps restore our fertility, we are able to procreate like there's no tomorrow :) :)

    That lasagna looks so yummy! And it reminds me, I have yet to give you my DH's recipe... oops. It's not my fault. It's adrenal fatigue :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Update or I am calling you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just stopping by to check in on you.

    ReplyDelete