My Family

My Family

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

20 1/2 week ultra-sound appt.

On Monday Dh and I went to my midwife appt. and ultra-sound appt. It really went very well. The mid-wife really encourage me to start exercising a few times a week which I really needed to hear ;) It wasn't the same mid-wife as last time since the two mid-wives work together but I really like how she takes her time to answer all of our questions (which weren't very many). She gave me a list of suggested reading and a helpful dietary guideline for eating during the day. I gained 8 1/2 pounds since my last appt. almost 5 weeks ago which really FREAKED me out but she said not to worry about it all. So I thought that was nice of her. She then measure my stomach and said I am measuring 19 weeks which is normal and then we listened to the baby's heartbeat which was normal as well...After meeting with her we went down stairs to my ultr-sound appt. The ultra-sound tech was pretty nice for the most part. She was sooooo SERIOUS! The appt. lasted quite a while with all of the measurements and pictures being taken. It was amazing to see our little baby so much bigger than last time. The Dr. said everything looks normal. The baby weighs 14oz. and is measuring 20 weeks and 6 days. Unbelievable!!!! My stomach really got achy from all of the pressing down with equipment but it was just such a surreal experience. We did not find out the sex because we decided we want to be surprised. That was really hard not to look at the screen when the tech. was finding out the sex of the baby but we'll be finding out soon enough :) Thank you all for your prayers and sweet comments!!!!

By the way, Dh got to feel the baby's movements Saturday night for the first time. It was so touching to see! And the baby has been kicking/ hitting so much more lately; I just love it!

I am praying for you all as well!

P.s. I am really tired at work right now so this post is going to sound BORING!

9 comments:

  1. I am so glad that the mid-wives are so reassuring to you! Aren't they great?! Do you think you might post one of the pictures of the baby for us to see...please. :) I would love a sneak peek at my little niece/nephew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! I'm glad you got to see your baby's growth. We were surprised with Mikey and it was a really really neat experience to wait to find out. It will definitely motivate you through your labor. So excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news! not many people wait until the birth to know the sex any more ( I know I couldn't) that'll be fun, when the dr holds him/her up and says........it' a .........!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is all wonderful hear. This is a huge hurdle you past as this is where they look for the spine, heart, brain, etc to all be normal. Can you believe they even look at the four chambers of the heart?! Amazing! Congratulations on a healthy little one. And dh feeling he/she kick-love it! My Charlie got hiccups and we could see/feel my stomach move together, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad that you're waiting to find out the sex of the baby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Sounds like everything went great! I'm dying to know if it's a boy or girl...are you open to guesses?! You'll have to do a "guess" post when it gets closer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you send me the envelope that has the babies sex on it. Because obviously I don't have control to wait! I think its a ....!!!!! ;) I have no clue.....hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  8. FUNNY SEW! I don't have an envelope because I have absolutely no self control with that :) You're hilarious!!!!

    ReplyDelete