Dh and I made it home finally from NY. Remember I mentioned we had car problems on our way there? Well, we had car problems on our way back too. UNBELIEVABLE! We had to stop three different times to pull over into a mechanics shop and see if we could make back to VA. Finally the last mechanic said we might as well drive as far as we can before the engine blows. WHAT? I was waking up from a nap in the car when I could hear the man telling Dh this...I couldn't believe he was telling him this. Dh and I got in the car and said some prayers hoping that our car would make it. We were actually joking about hitting a deer so insurance would help us out with a new car. With our luck Dh spotted a deer at 1:00am in the middle of no where and started driving towards it. I screamed and yelled NO WAY! And he swerved. Was he joking? I am not sure, haha! Anyways, our car made it home to R.ichmond but it died the next morning. Smoke and all....the car is really just a piece of crap right now sitting outside of our house. I am not sure what the mechanic here will say but hopefully it is still salvageable. I have been borrowing my Dad's car for the meantime but Dh, my sister, and I are all leaving to S.yracuse, NY this Thursday night. Dh's parent's our having a surprise 50th Wedding Anniversary party. My sister is coming with us so I have someone to ride home with on Sunday and Dh is staying up in NY for awhile. Well, I guess I don't need to bore you all with the details.
While we were in NY my poor dog, Oddie, got stuck under Dh's parent's house porch about 20 ft. back. I was so worried about the dog. I felt like it was my baby or something. Seriously, I was trying to hide my emotions from the rest of the family because they just don't understand how I feel about my dog. Well, Dh's 11 year old nephew crawled under the porch and unleashed the dog from his trapped leash and our dog was free. Yeh, I was so worried for him. First of all, my dog is not an outside dog. He stays at home on our couch sleeping most of the time but whenever we go to NY he has to stay outside tide up to a tree. It just breaks my heart because I seriously spoil the dog at my home...
Today is CD 12 and I had a 10CL that was slightly pink. What does that mean? Should I be worried? I am suppose to be taking my temps. and pulse for the next 48 hours to see if I should increase my thyroid dosage but I can't find my thermometer. I think I'll probably start this tomorrow then. Otherwise all cycle news is just a bore right now. Nothing new.
I did email an adoption agency asking for information and I called another one just to find out how long the wait is. I am still waiting to hear back from them. Maybe it is time for Dh and I to start this process as well. I just feel so discouraged because I really haven't heard any positive adoption news in awhile...is there any hope for us then?
******************************
P.s. before I forget:
The night before I left NY my SIL opened a can of worms by talking to me about blogging. Before I knew it I was rambling on and on about infertility and the girls I have met on here. It was so nice to talk to her about everything. One thing I noticed though is that when I get in situations where I am kind of nervous or worked up about something I start to shake. Like my hands start shaking just slightly but enough for me to notice that I need to get a grip and relax. If I take some deep breaths I can get it to stop but it just doesn't seem normal to me. Maybe this has to do with the adrenal fatigue? I am not sure. Just thought I would mention this :)
I'm sorry you had so much car craziness. I don't know what the 10CL with pink means or the slightly shaky hands mean, maybe TCIE does. I'm glad your dog is ok.
ReplyDeleteyep, the shaking is low cortisol. When you are stressed cortisol is supposed to increase to help, those of us with adrenal fatigue dont' have enough cortisol and low cortisol causes the hands to shake. are you on hc?
ReplyDeleteAwh, poor little Oddie! I am so glad he is okay! I'm sorry about your car too- I hope you can get it fixed. There is a guy at our church who has a mechanic shop on Broad that we always take Glen's car to. He is really nice- I can give you the name if you want.
ReplyDeleteBest wishes for your drive up again! When you are back we need to get together! :)
I have the same shaky thing anytime I get worked up as well! And I do have some adrenal fatigue...so that makes sense. Huh, interesting.
ReplyDeleteYour poor doggy! I remember a couple years ago my sister slamming the door on my cat accidentally, and the cat screamed. Was the freakiest sound I ever heard. I was so upset - I bawled like a little baby. My whole family DID think I was insane...oh well :).
Didn't you just get home from Syr.acuse? Or were you somewhere else in NY? That's a lot of driving! Do you have to take the bad car back up? I know how that is.. my car is very old and we always just hope it makes it back and forth to NY. We're already on borrowed time!
ReplyDeleteSpeaking of shaking.. you should have seen me giving the matron-of-honor speech at my sister's wedding! I was shaking uncontrollably! Maybe it is because of adrenal fatigue! Then again, that is probably a normal response to being nervous with 200 people staring at you.
Wow, I'm glad you got home okay. I would definitely be scared if a mechanic said my engine might blow! Regarding the pink spotting, I had that in my last cycle and my NAPRO consultant said it happens with estrogen fluctuations. I don't ever remember seeing it prior to that month.
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to say hi! Thanks for your encouragement! I hope you're doing ok.
ReplyDeleteWow! You two have really been through it with the car. I'm praying that all your car drama is over for this decade! I'm glad to hear that you made it home safe and that you have a family that can loan you a car. I bet your little dog doesn't want to see you leave tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteI had slightly pink 10C x2 one of the days before my fertile window this month. My FCP said that it can be normal so until I hear differently I'm going to try to not worry about it. ;o) I pray that you have a great time this weekend!
Thanks for the compliment on our house. I'll tell Paul as it's all his work.
I hate car troubles! Gosh, It is so infuriating!
ReplyDeleteDo you think it's o spotting?
how frustrating about the car troubles hope your car is salvageable.
ReplyDeleteOh bummer about the car :(
ReplyDeleteThe pink CM is fine- sometimes a woman will have "breakthrough bleeding" around the time of ovulation- perfectly normal.
Brown is not so good. Red and Pink, a-ok. :)
Thanks for your comment on my blog. I had completely forgotten about that med and it would have probably been a good solution if I had remembered it earlier. My sister used it with her first m/c. For some reason I feel like my doctor didn't mention it for either of my past two m/c's. I wonder if they don't prescribe it? I hope you have a great trip. We celebrated my dh's parent's 50th anniversary last year and it was such a great time!
ReplyDelete