My Family

My Family

Friday, May 15, 2009

Dinner with the girls

As you probably already know from Grace in My Heart and All You Who Hope, we were finally able to meet for dinner. YEAH! It really seems like we had been planning to get together for months. Crazy, I know! I don't have a picture to post of my own because I left my camera at home but Grace in my Heart sent me a copy so I can post that one too :)

I seriously tried ducking down a bit so I didn't look like a giant but oh well. The girls were so sweet to talk to. It is nice when you have girlfriends that understand what a heavy cross IF is. Plus, they are both really great examples of Catholic women. It is rare that I meet other girls (outside college) that actually believe in all that the Church teaches. I came home and rattled on and on to my husband about all we talked about and how it was just nice to finally get out to socialize with other girls. (We are still pretty new to the R.ichmond area). I can't wait until I am done with my job now so that I have more time to visit with friends. It is really bizarre to me that we all live in the same area and go to the same parish. What a small world! The nice thing was that Dh and I have been talking more and more about adoption and L and K were so helpful answering some of my questions. Thanks girls for a lovely evening :)

Today is CD 14 and has been a really CRAPPY day! I got some really bad financial news this morning and I am trying not to let it stress me out. I don't want anything to ruin this cycle! I am trying to keep in mind what my Grandpa (the one who is dying) told me the other day on the phone, "Don't sweat the small stuff and it's all small stuff ". I guess it's true in the big scheme of things.

Some good news is I actually saw some 10KL last night just once, but that was a relief to me. I am so happy it's Friday and Peak day is almost here!!! I can't believe this is what I look forward to in my life :) haha.

11 comments:

  1. Are you tall or are they short? ;)

    It's hard not to fret about money, but take a deep breath! It will all work out, it always does somehow someway! It sucks! I hate money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sew,
    I am 5'9. So I guess tall...but next to them I think I look huge. At first I was going to stand in the middle then I thought no way :) Thanks for your encouragement!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amber you could be a model, you beautiful thing! I'm 5'3" and always have to hem my pants...not fun! Taller is better...trust me!

    I hope your $ situation works out. It's not worth stressing over...Gpop knows best :) and those things always seem to work themselves out.

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Money is just money. Try not to stress about it. I am jealous! TCIE have spent some time together but we are about 2.5 hours away. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am 5'10... my husband always tells me to stop pulling the "Nicole Kidman" - notice how she will tilt her hips forward and lean back a little - to not look as talk next to men who are shorter! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry about the bad financial news. I KNOW that stuff sorts itself out (it really does - it always has for me), but even so, finances just weigh so incredibly heavy on my mind. I'll be praying for you guys to sort this out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. finances SUCK!! I will pray this sorts itself out, misfit's right, it usually does (but it's no fun while you're waiting).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Money stresses me out too.

    I wish I was 5'9. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. sorry to hear about the financial news, but hope things get better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You gilrs are so sweet! I wish everybody lived near one another so we could all get together :) That would be so nice to put faces with names. I hope you're all enjoying this lovely weekend. I am glad you all told me not to worry about the finances. I know you're right, it's just hard to keep it all in perspective at times. You're so kind to me (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Funny, I'm about 5'10". I usually feel like the Jolly Green Giant when I stand next to people below a certain height.

    Sorry about the finance problems. It's overwhelming. It'll work out some way. It always seems to. Like your grandfather says, don't sweat the small stuff. Here's to hoping it gets even smaller soon.

    ReplyDelete