My Family

My Family

Friday, May 1, 2009

This cycle is almost definitely over...

I really believe that the nurse should have NEVER told me she thought I might be pregnant. First of all it seriously makes me a crazy lady waiting to test and secondly, it doesn’t change a thing! I really wish the nurse would have just said to go have a blood test done on Fri. rather than Sun. since their office will be closed. Maybe I wouldn’t have been so consumed by this then. After about 5 years TTC I am bound to lose my mind if a nurse suggests I might be pregnant. SERIOUSLY!

Today is P+14 and I already POAS this morning.To me it is a negative. Granted there is a very faint positive line on the test, I truly believe that it is like my previous cycle on these shots where it was negative and the line is only there because of the remaining HCG in my body. UGH! Does this make sense? I am going to call PPVI and ask if I can skip the blood test because I am practically certain it will be negative. I mean maybe if AF doesn’t come over the weekend I can just get the blood test done on Monday…I am really thinking about this all way to much :(

5 comments:

  1. When was the last day you took the HCG? Here is what I found on the internet! :)

    according to this blurb I found on the internet... the level of hCG in the body will fall by half every 36 hours. This means that after an injection of 5,000 units of hCG, enough hormone will remain in the body to show up as a positive reading on most pregnancy tests for eight to 10 days, and a 10,000-unit dose of hCG can trigger a positive test result for a day or two longer than that. Therefore, if a low-level positive result on a pregnancy test is seen during the 10-11 days after injection, the test may be measuring falling levels from the injection and not signs of a pregnancy. It is impossible to say where the hCG being measured comes from.

    If, after 12 days, a pregnancy test is positive, quantitative measurements of hCG in the blood, obtained 48 hours apart, can verify whether the positive pregnancy test indicates a "real" pregnancy, and not just a false indication of pregnancy based on the remnants of the injected hCG.

    ???? Who knows?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sew! I last took a shot on Moday. Usually it lasts in my system about five days after my last shot which would be today so I can see why it is faint line. I just wish I wouldn't be so emtional about this...
    C.aptain C.runch is one of my fav.s! Although I never get to eat it. Souds like you had a great time with the little girl. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It'll be a long weekend and especially nerve wracking every time you go to the bathroom, but if you're determined to wait until Monday, put it out of your mind. Easier said than done, I know, but it's possible. Once you've made a decision to wait and decide to stick with it, it frees your mind to concentrate on other things. Okay, that's a trick that works for me. I'm assuming it can work with others as well. I certainly hope it does.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hCG is so tricky!! I'm guessing you're on 2,000mL during the post-Peak? That's what I was on, took my last shot at P+9, and tested + at P+15 with a level of 10. EVERYTHING I read said that that level of 2,000 should have been OUT of my system by 6 days after, but it wasn't (and I got the world's most sensitive hpt, go figure).

    BUT, I don't think you should give up hope yet. I really think there's still a chance here. You had a KILLER regimen this cycle! I'm still praying and holding out hope for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had one of those tests last month, it really stinks. I hope you can enjoy your weekend. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete