I can't help but be unrealistic about my infertility sometimes. Seriously, I have it in the back of my mind that one day I'll have a baby and everything will just start to work. But how do I make this happen? I spend so much time thinking about what could possibly be the MAJOR problem that is preventing my fertility from kicking in... any suggestions.?
I know I have have/had endo (a mild case), my hormones don't seem to be to high on their own, and supposedly I need T3 for my thyroid. Is this really so damaging...ugh!
*********
Ooooh, I just found out information about my thyroid results. The doctor left a message for me. I have been taking Slow release T3 since Sept. 2008. Well, I went in to see a specialist because I personally don't feel like this is Dr. H.ilgers area of expertise. (No offense) Anyways, come to find out after getting my blood results back that my T4 levels are on the low side and my T3 levels are on the high side. Dr. B.erger wants me to start taking half tablet of Synthroiyd (sp?)(which is a combo. of T4 and T3) for one week then increase it to a whole tablet. For the slow release T3 she wants me to cut back to one per day for 2 weeks and then stop taking it after that. She is then going to retest my blood to see if I am responding well to this treatment and if not she will add the T3 back in. YEAH! I am so glad to finally get somewhere with all this. Should I tell Dr. H.ilgers I am doing this????
By the way, I have lost 3 pounds since starting exercising three weeks ago. I am trying not to be to disappointed that it is taking forever to lose weight :(
I think it usually takes a while to start losing weight - you might not move anywhere for a few weeks, then it will move more steadily. On the flip side, if you don't have a LOT of weight to lose and you've been exercising a ton (especially if you're doing weight training), you might be losing inches but not pounds, because muscle weighs more than fat. I can never make myself do it (I have to measure everything by the numbers), but the favorite jeans test is actually better - what item do you want to fit but has been too snug? Measure your progress by its fit. Anyway, good luck, and good luck with the thyroid! It seems like a little thing but I understand it can make all the difference in how you feel, and maybe it will be the silver bullet with the IF too.
ReplyDeleteJust thought I would stop by, good to hear another person with the same first name. Glad to hear good results for your thyroid hopefully that will be the answer to achieve a BFP!
ReplyDeleteIt took me a while to lose 5 lbs. I was getting frustrated so I didn't step on the scale for a few weeks...that helped...and I did eventually lose the weight.
ReplyDeleteThe fact that you got pregnant once means there is so much hope for you. Don't give up- you are doing everything you can! It will happen! :)
I've just started reading all these wonderful blogs, but I just wanted to mention that I don't think Synthyroid is T3 and T4 -- I believe it is T4 only. I'm not sure how this will make you feel about the treatment, but just wanted to throw that out there.
ReplyDeleteI've read that losing an average of a pound or two a week is good. Three pounds in three weeks doesn't sound bad to me.
ReplyDeleteThanks girls...I guess I just have to be patient with the weight loss :) Thanks for stopping by new readers.
ReplyDeleteLizzibits,
I think you're right about the synthroiyd just being a T4. Thanks for the info.
In my opinion, Dr. Hilgers is doing a thyroid study and we are just participants in it. I don't think his goal is to treat our thyroid problems, but rather just to study the results of taking T3. I am just taking the medication and his office monitors it. I haven't even been tested for anything since I started it a year ago and they don't even want to know if my symptoms have lessened. I do think that you should tell his office though if you change anything, since it will affect the study results. That is, assuming you are also part of the study.
ReplyDeleteAnd I agree with L - you were pregnant once, so you will be pregnant again. Conceiving is the biggest hurdle to overcome, and you have already gotten there. I can imagine how hard it was to go through that, but hopefully it can at least give you some hope for the future.