My Family

My Family

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Housewife Superstars

Has anyone seen this video?

I think it is very interesting and quite surprising in this day and time to see so many women desiring to fulfill their vocation as a SAHM. But what if you don't have children. Should you have to still continue to feel as though you must work outside the home until you conceive? I just wonder what if that is the situation for some of us...Maybe some of us aren't conceiving because we are to stressed out by working a career. These are just some thoughts so I don't mean to offend anyone by this. I certainly don't have any desire to have a career outside the home but I probably won't stop working until I do have a baby. ho-hum...When will that be???????? I really enjoyed this video thugh. It is great seeing women proud to be feminim.

8 comments:

  1. I think we are on the same wavelength.

    I did not see the video, but my dream has always been to be a sahm. I am just a cat momma right now though and work full time :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. This video is fascinating to me.
    OH So much to say!!!!!!

    Seriously, I don't even have children and I wouldn't change my SAHW life-style for anything. I have been there, done that (in the working world) and it wasn't fulfilling in the way that running a household is. Of course, my deepest desire is to have children, but being a wife is my first and foremost vocation.

    I noticed the "feminist" just seemed bitter. Maybe her plans didn't work out for her the way she thought they would???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED that video! The stay at home mom's are so happy...just like June Cleaver always was! I'm happy for the time I'm able to stay at home (at least part time!) ;) Hopefully full time soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I despised working full time. DESPISED IT! Even when I had great careers! I used to make good money too!

    I don't want to have it all, I don't care to have it all, and I know for a fact it has changed my marriage. I am by no means June Cleaver, because my house is a mess and at least a few times a week we cereal for dinner, sometimes I'm barely out of my PJ's by the time Dh gets home, but I love it. Every single minute.

    My house is quiet, calm, peaceful. I can do what I want from the hours of 636am (He leaves at the same time every morning, its crazy) until 430to5pm. I selfishly take all of that time and do with it as I please! ;) Most of the time I don't leave my house. :)

    I have given up spending money and haven't missed it at all. I'm living my dream...Minus the babies, but I'm loving the time it's just me, W and DH. :)

    I can't talk more about this, I love my life as a SAHW!!!! Absolutely love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely want to be a SAHW if we can have kids, but right now DH doesn't feel that he makes enough for me to not work (even though I make about half of what he does). Being a nanny does give me some SAHW-ness but it would be better if the tasks were at my house :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVED the video! You know, I asked a friend recently about giving up her job in the air force to stay at home with their first child. As she was telling me how she felt she said, "With staying at home I have different priorities....., which patch some of problems DH and I had" - without knowing it, staying at home became a benefit to her marriage that she didnt see before the baby.

    So to answer your question. I think whatever works best before kids a couple should talk about and do. Being a college of business grad I was taught to not give up my job - for anything bc I worked hard - trying to unlearn that now, is hard. Maybe I should blog more about that to foster more conversation.

    SAHW or SAHM - should stick together and support one another.

    Love the post and video.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would do anything to be a SAHW. DH is on board 100% and hopefully it will be soon. At first, I thought I'd wait until we had kids and just become a SAHM, but then I realized that it may take many more years for that to happen and in the meantime I didn't want to put off my dream any longer. Which is to not only stay home to take care of children, but to take care of our house and my husband. The house is seriously neglected right now, and well, it would be nicer if DH and I didn't have to spend evenings and weekends doing housework. More time to BE together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've had the career. We've had the double income. We've gone on European vacations.

    But our home life sucked. House was always a mess because neither of us was home enough to take care of it. We ate out more than I care to admit.

    I don't regret for a moment giving up my career. I've felt more empowered as a woman in my years as a homemaker than I ever did when I worked even part time, let alone full time. That Greer lady (the feminist) is a piece of work. Why, yes...I actually *do* ask for my husband's input on almost everything. I'm not kidding. I think that's empowering his role as a husband to take the lead.

    Kind like with dancing...can't have both dancers leading.

    ReplyDelete