My Family

My Family

Monday, January 4, 2010

Second set of HCG levels**updated

The nurse just called and gave me my second set of numbers. The first was 6003 the second is 9997 over a period of 2.6 days. She said this is perfectly normal and I am taking her word for it because I really don't know what to think. I am just trying to be at peace about this and not worry. Prayers please!...what do you all think about these numbers? They are doubling every 3.5 days right now and I read that when you reach 6-7 weeks it starts to slow down to doubling about every 3.5 days...I can't wait just to have some peace of mind about everything!

***************
So I talked with the nurse at PPVI and she said that the results looked great and normal...what a relief. I think I just need to chill out! haha! I have my acupuncture appt. this evening and I think I'll have hime treat me for my anxiety because I just need to relax ;)

15 comments:

  1. I came here to check!

    I read the same thing about slowing down at 6-7 weeks at several sources, so I do believe it's normal and you shouldn't worry - especially if your dr.'s office wasn't. My RE doesn't watch the betas as closely once you hit the 6 week mark when there is a heartbeat. They start relying on the u/s more than the betas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will continue to pray that everything goes well! When is your ultrasound?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, they slow down at 6 weeks and then level off at (I think) 15 weeks or so and remain pretty steady. Like Ann said, once you reach 6 or 7 weeks, the heartbeat is the gold standard, not the numbers.
    Will keep you in my prayers. How far along are you now? 6 or 7 weeks?

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats! sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am 6.5 weeks. I just can't wait to see the ultra sound and finally know for sure that everything is going o.k. I did have these results faxed to Dr. Hilgers office just to get his opinion. Guess i'll see what he has to say :) Thanks for the prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We can't wait to see your ultrasound either!
    :)

    I know it's hard.
    You'll see that pretty baby very soon and you'll feel so much better.

    St. Gerard, pray for them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the numbers look fine. Dr. Hilgers did one draw for HCG (4 weeks) and the rest were for progesterone. He did order an u/s at 6 weeks. Afterwards we just continued with shots and took u/s at 9 and 12 weeks. I have one this Thursday too! Hard to believe how fast time has gone. I know you are nervous..Praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A, I'm not even sure I've congratulated you yet-I'm sorry for being a bad blogger! Congratulations to you guys! I don't know anything about the numbers, but it sounds like it's going fine, though I can understand being nervous about it. I'll be praying for you and I hope you get to have the u/s and see that heartbeat soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know it must be so hard until you hear the heartbeat. Don't worry though, Amber! Everything sounds so great! Can't wait to see the ultrasound either! :) YAY.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I heard that the numbers start to level or even drop down at some point in your first trimester. My current doctor orders HCG every other day until you get an ultrasound that shows a heartbeat. She orders ultrasounds by about 6 weeks. Can't wait for your ultrasound date. Hang in there - everything seems like it is going great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, ask the acupuncturist to help you relax. I hear if you just relax, you can get pg... oh, wait...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woohoo!! What great news Amber!!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  13. TCIE-hahahahaha

    WWWWWOOOOOOOOOOO-HHHHOOOOOOOOOO!!!

    When you figure out relaxing let a sista know! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. My u/s is on Jan. 14th, which can't come soon enough!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete